Birth to Three Montessori Credential
Birth to Three Montessori Credential Course
Admission Criteria and Selection Procedure
Admission criteria is based on the candidate’s qualifications and the interview as follows:
1. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
2. The candidate is required to have completed a college/university degree or its
equivalent. High school graduates or undergraduate adult learners have the option of an
interview to determine if an exemption applies.
3. Applicant submits original copy of his/her Application Form including a current photograph, and proof of payment of the initial deposit.
4. Applicant submits original copy of his/her Application Form including a current photograph and proof of initial application fee payment.
5. Applicant submits 2 letters of reference.
6. Applicant submits a short essay describing why he/she wishes to enroll.
7. Applicant will be personally interviewed by the Administrator/Program Director
to assess suitability to meet the academic requirements of the course – for example, the ability to write albums, do research and write assignments.
8. After a successful interview, the interviewer discusses the course structure and
requirements in detail.
9. The applicant signs an Enrollment Contract, pays the additional fees, receives a copy of the Adult Learner Handbook, and six (6) of the required textbooks. Adult Learners are expected to start reading prior to the first day of class. Additional texts will be required and are the responsibility of the Adult Learner.
Transferees must be in good standing at their previous training center to be accepted. In addition to the standard admission requirements, transferees are required to submit a letter of recommendation and clearance from the Program Director of their previous training center. Their adult learner records must also be transferred to GMTE. Generally, GMTE accepts credits earned at Teacher Education Programs affiliated or approved by the Christian Montessori Fellowship (CMF), provided that such credits are appropriate to the adult learner’s chosen certification level at GMTE. Credits for Montessori courses previously earned at non-CMF-affiliated institutions will be reviewed by the Program Director.
Fees for units or credits available through another program are determined by the level of the courses and the number of credit hours in which the student is enrolled. Fees include:
$100 Program/Advising fee
$100 Registration fee
$100 Transcript Evaluation fee (if applicable)
$ 20 Academic course fee ($20/hour)
Plus applicable practicum fee
Course Fees and Payment Plan
The adult learner agrees to pay:
Non-refundable registration Fee, CMF Adult Learner Fee & MACTE Fee $ 800
Non-refundable deposit towards academic course fees $ 1,100
Remaining balances due 10 days prior to the course start date:
Academic course fees, refundable ($4,100); Practicum Fee, refundable ($500) $ 4,850
Book Fees $150
Total Cost For The Course $ 6,900
1. Tuition payments received more than five business days after the payment plan due date, will result in a $25 late payment fee. Checks returned for any reason will result in a $30 returned check fee.
2. An experienced field consultant guides each adult learner through the practicum phase of the course. pays all travel and food and related expenses for supervision of practicum within a 50-mile radius from the training center if applicable. All travels and lodging expenses for practicum supervisions outside said radius will be the responsibility of the adult learner or his/her school.
3. Cash, checks, and payments made through Venmo are acceptable modes of payment.
Withdrawal and Refunds
The adult learner may withdraw from the course by submitting a written letter of withdrawal. Withdrawal from the course is not official until the request has been received and approved by the Program Director. GMTE will refund payments to any adult learner who cancels his/her enrollment contract provided that such withdrawal is filed 30 days prior to the first day of class. In cases where refunds are not applicable, due primarily to late filing of withdrawals, or due to unavoidable circumstances, the adult learner may opt to apply for fund credit for future use. The refund is determined as indicated in the table below.
In the event that GMTE cancels a starting course, all payments received (excluding payment for course books and materials) will be refunded within two months unless the adult learner elects to apply the money paid for a later class.